Sunday, November 16, 2014

Gratitude On A Friday Morning

HeartSign


I am writing this on Friday before we leave for NYC, but because I have promised to publish one blog post every day for the entire month of November, I am writing this before we get home from NYC and the TEDYouth conference.

I felt compelled to take a moment today, before we leave on yet another amazing opportunity for both of us, to express my gratitude. I was sitting at the table this morning, reacting to some very distressing news about a former softball coach, and I had a moment of clarity that was overwhelming. For a brief moment, that one that we all want to hold on to for as long as we can, my heart was full of gratitude.

Gratitude for family and friends who have supported us in so many ways.

Gratitude for the opportunities that have come our way.

Deep and abiding gratitude for all of the teachers who have been in both of our lives, the good and the bad, the ones who were actually teachers and the ones who just taught us lessons.

Gratitude for the interwebs in all of their crazy glory, for bringing people into our lives that we may never have met otherwise.

Gratitude for the relationship that I have with my child and the amazing person she is becoming.

Gratitude for our ability to grow and change. I hope we never get stagnant and are always open to saying "yes."

The list could go on for miles this morning, but I actually am not quite packed and that is anxiety-producing for me. It was important that I write this before we started off today, and scheduled it to post for Sunday, just in case things get crazy and I can't quite get myself together.

I hope you all had a beautiful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment