Wednesday, November 12, 2014
10 Ways To Waste Time So You Almost Miss Your Daily #NaBloPoMo
1. Get published on Elite Daily and spend a couple hours refreshing your feed to see if anyone else has read the article yet (sidebar: the picture is not mine, and the title is definitely not mine).
2. Watch the first episode of season 2 of Dream School. Uh-mazing. Mind-blowing.
3. Watch and share the episode of Good Mythical Morning that has a picture of Sicily's tiny house.
4. Go to yoga, the overly-gentle class because you hurt your stupid wrist in two back-to-back classes last week that were too intense for you at this point and can now only do intermediate classes every other day until the carpal tendon in your wrist stops tingling and then being numb. #TheDumb
5. Walk the dogs. Realize that even though it's sunny and gorgeous outside there is some weird polar vortex of swirling death happening that makes it about 15 degrees colder than it ought to be and that you should have brought your coat. Suffer because you're stubborn and the dogs need a walk.
6. Finish the work that actually pays you money. Try to get more work that actually pays you money. Research ways to do that very thing. Get distracted by chickens in sweaters. Damn you, NerdyBaby!!
7. Share the hell out of an IndieGoGo that helps inner city kids get to college and stay there. Give more money than you can afford.
8. Buy milk. Finally.
9. Download and read summaries of Laurie Colwin's books. Don't buy them because you are saving pennies for New York. Break down and go to the bookstore and when you don't find them, go buy Dark Places by Gillian Flynn because you can never have too many books and your stupid books are packed in the basement in boxes that the cat may or may not be peeing on because you've noticed that the litter box isn't nearly as dirty as it should be for an indoor cat, and it's either that or the dog is helping out. #GoodBoy
10. Finally sit down to write the damn thing and end up submitting more writing that you have already done to be featured on another blog that promotes blogs. See #6
BLAMMO. I knocked you OUT NaBloPoMo. Just 18 more days to go.
(Image. Get it? Under the wire?)