Sunday, November 23, 2014

Easy Like Sunday Morning

rocky


(I am the serenest!)


Sunday morning.

Is there any better way to spend it than making spicy ginger pumpkin pancakes and listening to Ben Harper?

I didn't think so.

Just in case you have no paper to read, or are casting about for some type of leisure reading, here is an article from The Onion from 1996: "Monk Gloats Over Yoga Championship." I read this when it first came out, and it has stuck in my mind ever since. Yesterday at yoga teacher training we were talking about competitive yoga in the west and how that goes completely against everything yoga is about. But, hey, when in Rome, right? So today I am going to walk around the studio, hands held high above my head, Rocky-style, chanting, "I am the serenest!"

Have a great day. Be the serenest wherever you are.

(Image)

No comments:

Post a Comment