Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Food Blogs: How's This Gonna Work?

Cookies


So every now and then this blog will shift its focus.

This goes against all traditional recommendations about building blog traffic and gaining followers and blahblahblahblah. Apparently once you decide to write about life after the sudden death of your husband, you are locked into that for life (no pun intended).

Good thing it's not part of any income stream and that it's my blog and I can do what I want with it.

This is a courtesy notice to those of you who couldn't care less about food blogs. That's totally cool. I'm not offended.

So when you see the tag "Food" you can just keep movin' on if you'd like.

Although you might miss something. Something delicious.

I can tell you right now that you probably won't be missing any gorgeous food photography. I know that you can take delicious photos with iPhones, and I can haz one of those, but every picture I take turns into a food photography fail. They are too yellow, or the shadows are weird or the styling is dumb or something else. So as I learn how to do that better, pictures will be present but minimal. I hesitate to add them at all right now because even seeing the thumbnail might make you want to scroll on by.

But.

This is a learning experience for me, so hopefully things will get better. And every now and then I do accidentally snap a scrumptious photo, so there's that to look forward to.

I can also tell you that I make some crazy good food. And if you are local you might be getting some of it. And if you are gluten-free, then this is the place for you.

In fact, starting tomorrow, I have an experimental gluten-free all-purpose flour mix and chocolate chip cookies.

Might as well go ahead and prepare yourself for bad pictures of delicious cookies.

(The above image is not mine. So don't get used to it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment