Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tell The World...


 
The die is cast. It is official. We are moving to Baltimore in the fall.

As with all things this year, we are a little sketchy on the details. It may be August 1. It may be September 1. It will certainly be before school starts, at least for Sicily; she has been accepted to Baltimore City College, and I think that starts the week before Labor Day.

Stay tuned for hilarious reports of what it is like to get a 9th grader up at the crack of 6:00 a.m. for school, an experience she has not had except for softball tournaments for four years. Should be fun.

We have no idea where we will be living. In the city. We may have some lag time between moving and actually having a place to sleep, so Baltimore peeps, heads up. We (the kid, two dogs, the cat, and me) may show up on your doorstep, hat in hand. I hope you have a big couch.

I. Can’t. Wait.

This is years overdue. There are people we love here, but the south is not my home and never has been. Sucks that two people I love died here, but at least the one is portable. And he loved Baltimore. So there’s that.

The tiny house is in search of a home, but we have a line on a couple parking spots.

The horse is staying here; the cold is too much for her old bones. That was the hardest line to write in this whole blog.

I would leave tomorrow if I could. We have loose ends to wrap up, though, and some more softball to play.

I’m coming home.

2 comments:

  1. This is a good thing, Suzannah, I wish you and Sicily all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both! Much love! :)

    ReplyDelete