Sunday, March 30, 2014

Regret and Do-Overs

When I was _____ years old (this is how bad of a friend I have been; I don't even remember how long it has been), my friend Terri got married. She sent me an invitation, and I didn't go. I was in Seattle at the time, but that is no excuse.

Missing her wedding is one of the regrets I have: not picking what matters over what's easy. Over and over again. Too many times.

BUT.

Terri and her husband Mike are renewing their vows in May of this year. And I got another invitation. AND I AM GOING.

It may not seem like much, but for me, the chance to have a do-over and be a part of my friend's important days means so much to me.

So it is with gratitude and humility that I say thank you, to Terri and to the universe, for the second chance.

{{{LOVE}}}

3 comments:

  1. Lucky, lucky:) I'd give anything for some do-overs myself... I get it. Glad you get this chance. Go have fun! In Seattle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky, lucky:) I'd give anything for some do-overs myself... I get it. Glad you get this chance. Go have fun! In Seattle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, up in PA. I don't get many do-overs, and I am glad this is one of them!!

      Delete