Sunday, August 24, 2014

It's A Sign

Fish


From my Free Will Astrology horoscope for this week:

"There is a proverb from the American culture of the 21st century that I'd like to run by you: 'Never reveal all you know, confess everything you feel, show how much you care, or give all you have.'

Prove this proverb wrong. Cultivate power by revealing all you know, confessing everything you feel, showing how much you care, and giving all you have."

I have been sick of hearing my own voice in my head for the past week. Sick of writing about the drama of the move, the lack of housing, woe-is-me diatribes that are getting old, quick. When someone comments, "What happened now?" on a random Facebook post, that is a clear sign from the universe that pretty much everyone else is done with it also.

So it is odd to see this horoscope today. Not that I make all of my decisions based on astrology, or even most of them, or even any appreciable fraction of them, but on occasion I will experiment and use this particular horoscope site to guide me. Just because sometimes it feels good to not have to make the decisions All. Of. The. Time. To have a break.

This is probably the same thing that religious people do when they say, "Let go and let God," but I am not there by a long stretch. I prefer my voodoo to be inclusive and not the reason for mass slaughter throughout history, which is why organized religion and I are not friends. So when I look for guidance outside of myself, I see what Rob Breszny has to say first. Sometimes I ask a question and open a book with my eyes closed and point to a sentence in the book and treat that sentence as the answer. Or sometimes I use random tweets or instagrams or reblogs as a "sign" of sorts. Anything to avoid, even briefly, making another decision that could possibly be the wrong one. Or making a decision, period.

That being said, all signs are pointing in one direction. I think the time has come to move outward. Every time I think of my own issues these days, I think in my head, "Is this ebola-level bad? Or Gaza Strip-level horrific? Or shot in the street because of the color of your skin and an enduring history of racism that has been swept under the rug-level heinous? " It's perspective. Always helpful. It's time to re-visit the cultivation of gratitude, like the 100 Happy Days project. It's time to give more than I have been receiving, in a tangible way.

I don't know what this means yet, but I am working towards something bigger and more than what's happening in my tiny little life now. I think I am ready.

(Image)

No comments:

Post a Comment