Wednesday, April 8, 2015

You Are Here: How Small Is The Universe

milky way

So the universe is vast and expansive and wee at the same time. How do I know this?

Dane's 7th grade girlfriend is married to a childhood friend's brother and living in Myersville, Maryland, about 10 minutes from where I grew up.

To clarify, Dane was living in Seattle in his middle school years, in a neighborhood called Magnolia, the same neighborhood we moved when The Teenager was born. All the way across the country in a little backwater of a city (at the time; this was the early 80's) tucked between two mountain ranges.

This morning, I got a message in my Facebook "other" folder from Dane's middle school girlfriend who happens to have married into the family of one of my own middle school friends.

So if the universe isn't small in some ways, at least it has a good sense of humor.

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Our lives are weaved together inexplicably. As we get older it never ceases to amaze me just how close we all really are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told her I knew you as Suzy. The prominent thing in my mind I remember about you is that you were going to be an actress!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was another lifetime ago. So strange, how things go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perhaps the most long-distance random connection, but I have had similar things happen in the past also.

    ReplyDelete