Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Meditation

[caption id="attachment_1080" align="aligncenter" width="640"]Where I'd like to be, even if in my own mind. Where I'd like to be, even if in my own mind.[/caption]


"You should sit in meditation for twenty minutes every day - unless you're too busy. Then you should sit for an hour." ~Zen proverb~

Today, I am dealing with:

1. The wrong color cabinets in a renovation that has already dragged on for too long

2. Rats under the house in Georgia

3. Writing deadlines for a job I wasn't going to try for then decided I should try for because...

4. Changes in my steady writing job (that don't take effect for a while, but still)

5. A leaky pipe in the tiny house that may be a connection outside...or it could be a burst pipe in the wall

I am so distracted and vata-high that I nearly ran over my yoga teacher just now at the little cafe where I was picking up some coffee to head to the next thing. I have so much running through my head (like rats in a crawlspace?) that I have tunnel vision. One task to the next, like a rat focused on cheese.

Do you see the rat-based figurative language? It's getting to me...

I am not sure even a couple of hours of meditation would help.

#Namaste

 

No comments:

Post a Comment