Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Caution: Interact At Your Own Peril

Knife


Today at yoga was discouraging. One of those days where I flop on the mat and although I am noticeably more bendy and definitely stronger, my mind is a flabby mess that has learned nothing. I felt impatient and mentally inflexible and stuck. Judgmental as hell: of myself, the class, everything.

This is one of those learning times, I suppose, where I am supposed to push through and have the act of pushing through be the lesson. I did, but as I "You asshole!d" my way home afterwards behind drivers who should not have been on the road I just felt pissy, tired, and not refreshed.

I don't guess it's all hearts and flowers on this path, but today will most likely be one of those days where I fake my way through every interaction. The stress of the move, the heaviness of missing Dane in a whole new way these days, thinking too much about the flood of money pouring out of my pockets as we complete our multi-stage move: these things all caught up with me at 4 a.m. and just won't let go.

So if you see me coming, you might want to pretend you didn't and just back away slowly.

(This public service announcement brought to you by the numbers 666 and the letters fuck the hell off)

Image by Dennis Jarvis via Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment